MBBS Abroad Enquiry Form
Study MBBS in Tbilisi Medical Academy
Tbilisi Medical Academy, also known as the Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy, was created in 1992 by an outstanding Georgian doctor, pediatric surgeon, Petre Shotadze, and named after him after his death in 1999. Tbilisi Medical Academy is one of Georgia’s oldest private higher education institutions. The University is also known as the best self-controlled institution actively undertaken by highly qualified faculty employees.
TMA is a self-governing higher education institution with highly qualified academic staff. The University operates the One-Step Educational Program-Medicine (MD) which is delivered in the English language. The duration of the course is 6 years and is divided into three stages: basic, clinical and general. The University follows the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) as the basis for international recognition.
The Tbilisi Medical Academy relies on a mission to empower medical professionals with innovative ideas, technical knowledge and scientific research skills by providing them with a learning and cultural environment that is geared towards students.
All major organizations in the world such as the Association of Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), the European Medical Students Association (EMSA), the Foundation for Advancement of the International Directory of Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO) recognize the university.
Tbilisi Medical Academy Ranking
Country rank : 28
World rank: 11357
Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy was founded in 1992 and is a private higher education institution located in Tbilisi’s large city (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants). Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy (TMA), officially accredited and/or approved by the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement, is a very small co-educational institution (250-499 students). Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy (TMA) offers courses and programs in several fields of study leading to officially recognized degrees in higher education such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associates or foundation degrees). This 27-year-old institution of higher education has a system of selective enrollment based on entrance exams.
Particulars Tuition Fee/Year Hostel Fee/Year
Fees In US Dollars 5500 USD 1100 USD
Fees In Rupees (INR) App. 3,85,000 Rupees/Yr. 77,000 Rupees/Yr.
During the enrolment process, tuition fees for the first year should be paid in one installment. Tuition fees can be paid in two installments from the second year, before the beginning of each semester. The instruction language is English.
In case, an applicant has no evidence of English proficiency (language certification or school-leaving report from English taught school) applicant must demonstrate fluency to the University special committee (can be achieved by Skype call). Tbilisi Medical Academy has a 3-6-9 month rigorous teaching programme for applicants who lack fluency in English.
The TMA or the Tbilisi Medical Academy offer two programs –one in medicine and the other in dentistry. The degrees awarded are the Doctor of Dental Medicine and the Doctor of Medicine. The two courses are called One Step Program – Medicine and One Step Program – Dentistry. The former is a 6-year program of 2 semesters per year. The latter is a 5-year program of 2 semesters per year again. The quality of these courses is the same as the worldwide second stage of higher education. Graduates can begin to practice as junior doctors and teach any subject related to the theoretical aspect of medicine and dentistry in medical institutions – basically doing anything that does not involve individual practice. Throughout cardiology, medical rehabilitation, clinical stomatology, sport medicine and obstetric gynecology, post-diploma education programs are offered.
List of documents requested:
- Copy of the passport;
- High School Certificate or BA degree Diploma (for MA degree applicants) along with transcript;
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Video Interview
Upon submission, you will receive an official letter of offer from the Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy within 7 working days of meeting the application requirements. The admission office will start the enrollment process on the basis of the signed letter of offer. It takes about 2-4 weeks to read, notarize, accept and register. TMA does not have an admission deadline. The College, however, has two intakes. Students can join either the Fall Academic Session (September batch) or the Spring Academic Session (February / March batch) for admission.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Students wishing to study at Tbilisi Medical Academy must meet the following eligibility criteria to be admitted quickly.
- The applicant must be over 17 years of age and under 25 years of age on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should be a high school graduate or be equivalent to the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- In all the above-mentioned subjects, the applicant should have secured a minimum of 60 percent aggregate in 10+ 2.
- If the applicant falls within the SC / ST / OBC category, the applicant must have secured in 10 + 2 at least 40% of all the above-mentioned subjects.
- NEET should be clear to the applicant as it is mandatory for students from India.
- The applicants should clear both IELTS and TOEFL.
The environment of the college
Tbilisi Medical Academy sees students as their valuable possessions and thus strives to give them the best educational experience It includes providing them with daily necessities such as a library with over 2000 books and study materials, well-equipped hostel, internet, 24-hour hot water supply, separate study rooms, kitchens equipped with modern appliances, superior security, and delicious food.
The largest city in Georgia rocks a humid subtropical climate with a population of about 1.5 million residents. The summers are very warm and the winters are quite cold. Like any other region of Georgia, Tbilisi also receives substantial rainfall throughout the year. Tbilisi is also a multicultural city with more than 100 ethnic groups including Georgians, Russians, Armenians, Kurds, and more.
Interesting facts about the city- Tbilisi
- Tbilisi is Georgia’s capital and largest city with many medical universities. It is located on the Kura River banks.
- It is still known for its former name of pre-1936, i.e. Tbilisi. Tiflis. Tbilisi was the Imperial Viceroy’s seat, governing both the Caucasus of the South and North.
- Tbilisi faces major continental pressures in humid subtropical climatic conditions. It has very hot summers and winters that are slightly cold.
- The city’s main attractions are Narikala, Tbilisi’s Holy Trinity Cathedral, Jvari, and many more tourist attractions.
- The economic sectors of the city are Black Sea tourism, Cultivation of agricultural products, Mining, Chemicals in small-scale industries, etc.
- Transportation in Tbilisi is possible with the presence of Airport, Metro, Trams, Minibuses, Municipal Busses, Aerial Trams, etc.
- Famous food from Mtsvadi, Lobio, Qababi, Chakapuli, Badrijani Nigvzit, etc. All of these dishes are served in the famous food corners of Tbilisi, such as Sakhli, Barbarestan, Famous, etc.
What is the entrances gateway:
No entrance examination is required at the Tbilisi Medical Academy.
Georgia is a European nation located at the intersection of Eastern Europe and Western Asia. The country has a higher level of literacy and is one of the best places to study medicine in the world.
Students planning to be admitted to the top medical universities in Georgia do not have to give any entrance test, and admission is granted on the basis of the marks obtained in Class 10 + 2.
Sophisticated libraries, advanced technology and science-based nursing laboratories are just a few of the many facilities that Tbilisi Medical Academy has to offer. The university offers education that is of equal quality compared to any other international university.
The hundreds of students who fly to Tbilisi Medical Academy each year are gifted with a brilliant academic environment, unparalleled infrastructure, and other academic facilities.
Take a look at the Tbilisi Medical Academy’s top benefits of studying.
- The course is fully taught in English, leading to an increase in the number of international students in Georgia, including Indian students.
- Studying at the Tbilisi Medical Academy does not require students to apply for testing IELTS / TOEFL exams.
- Tbilisi Medical Academy provides on-campus accommodation facilities for foreign students and the admission procedure is not subject to entry examinations.
- Students receive a universally recognized degree upon completion of good quality training.
- Students are given direct admission without donation.
The Medical Academy of Tbilisi believes their students are their valuable assets. Therefore, they have the best learning environment for them. The students have every need and everyday needs such as:
- A library (with more than 2000 books and study materials for students)
- Internet facilities
- 24-hour hot water supply
- Separate study rooms
- Two modern gadget kitchens.
There is also well-equipped hostel for the students and all amenities are offered at a very reasonable fee.
Experience of the past alumni:
Incredible faculty! I learned so much from my college in Georgia’s teachers and staff. In India, I would never have known so much, I’m sure. The atmosphere is lovely. It’s a small place and I love small places and so kind and supportive are the people here. I love this place and the college’s atmosphere as well.
Harsh Gautam (Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy)
“Georgia is a beautiful country from which I can never get enough. I couldn’t leave the country even after I completed my MBBS degree. There are also so many benefits to studying for MBBS in Georgian universities. MCI and WHO support the universities, making them more unique and the world’s best.
Aditi Jha (Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy)
The Alumni Association promotes the establishment of mutually beneficial relationships as well as the enhancement of student and graduate interests, welfare, educational objectives and promotes the continuous integration of graduates into TMA activities.