NEET which stands for the National Eligibility Entrance Test is basically an entrance exam, which is conducted by the central board of secondary education.
It is a mandatory entrance exam which must be taken up by the medical aspiring students, who want to take admission into the government’s or private medical institutions to study the medical courses such as the MBBS, BDS etc.
So, if you are planning to appear for the NEET entrance exam in order to start studying your desired medical course then you must go through the eligibility criteria of this exam.
Here in this article, we are basically going to discuss the NEET eligibility criteria 2019, hence we urge you to go through the entire article at once so that you can understand the whole criteria.
NEET Eligibility Criteria (Proposed)
As per the proposed NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria now the upper age limit for the students to appear in the exam is proposed to be extended from the 25 to upward. In that case, if the proposal is implemented then the candidates, who are beyond 25 years of age will also be eligible to take the NEET entrance exam.
The final verdict on this proposal is yet pending with the Supreme Court for the final hearing and until that the old eligibility criteria of the NEET exam is valid.
The Present Status of the Upper Age Limit Criteria
As we have discussed above that the extension of the upper age limit criteria is yet pending with the Supreme Court. All the candidates who are willing to take part in the NEET exam are required to follow the old upper age limit criteria until we get the final verdict in this regard from the Supreme Court.
Now due to this final verdict of Supreme Court regarding removing the upper age limit criteria the National Testing agency has postponed the final date of NEET exam form submission to 7 December 2018, hence you can submit your exam form till the mentioned date.
Eligibility of Appearing in the NEET 2019 Exam
If you are confused about the final eligibility of appearing in the NEET exam 2019 after all the chaos of upper age limit removing criteria, then here we are providing you the final criteria for the NEET 2019 exams.
We have divided the criteria in the sections of age, educational qualification and the numbers of attempts so that students can easily understand it.
- Qualifying Exam/Minimum Education- The candidate must have passed out the 10+2 or the equivalent exam in the streams of physics, chemistry, biology, and the English must be the core subject of studies.
- Minimum and the Maximum Age Limit- Candidate must be of minimum 17 years of age and maximum of 25 years as on December 2019 and here the maximum age limit for the reserved candidates is 30 years.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks- UR Category- 50%
- Maximum Attempts- No as such limits as of now
- Nationality- Indian Nationals, NRI’s, PIO’s and the other foreign national students.
NEET Exam Qualifications and the Examination Codes
Here we are listing down some of the important codes which must be considered by the students while filling the examinations form.
- Code 01- This code has to be submitted by those students who are going to appear in the 12th standard examinations and are planning to appear in the NEET exam as well in the year 2019.
- Code 02- This code needs to be submitted by the ICSE board students as proof that such students have passed out the 12th standard examinations after the 12 years of studies. Here the code also implies that physics, chemistry, and biology are the main subjects in the 12th standard.
- Code 03- It needs to be submitted by those students who have completed their 12th education from the Indian science University or board with the same subjects of physics, chemistry and maths and English as the complementary subject of study.
- Code 04- The candidates who are studying the pre-professional or pre-medical exams need to submit this code. The same subjects of physics chemistry and biology must be there as well.
- Code 05- This code should be submitted by those students who are studying the three-year bachelor degree program along with the subjects of physics, chemistry, and maths.
- Code 6- This code is for the BSC qualified students in the subjects of Physics, chemistry and biology and English as the medium of study.
- Code 7- If you have studied the 12th standard from any other equivalent board then you need to submit your educational qualifications using this code.
This is the final eligibility criteria of appearing in the NEET exam.
We have covered all the relevant information in this article, which would assist you to appear in the NEET 2019 examinations. If you are still having any query then feel free to approach us.