National Medical College Birgunj was started in 2001. This college is affiliated by the Tribhuvan University, Nepal. This college is approved by the Nepal Medical Council. This college is enlisted in the World Directory of Medical School. Various Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs are run by this college. An infrastructure of this college is designed to keep in mind international standards. This is one of the top colleges for MBBS in Nepal.
The teaching hospital has internal medicine, cardiology, nephrology, general surgery, neurosurgery, pediatric surgery, orthopedic and trauma obstetrics, eye, skin, dental, radiology and emergency departments.
This college is situated in Birgunj. This college is an international institution in Nepal for medical education. The objective of this college to provide quality education in medical science with a modern approach and give competent and well-qualified doctors to society. They always trying to discover the latest research and technologies in medicine. This college is located in a peaceful environment and easily accessible from the other cities in Nepal. This college has a well-stocked library for faculty and students.
- 1050 bedded Teaching Hospital
- Radiology department with all medical equipment such as MRI, C.T. Scan, 4D color ultrasound, Digital Mammography, Fully Computerized Radiology system etc.
- Full-fledged Physiotherapy center
- Each department has a laboratory, museum, departmental library, seminar hall.
- Eight lecture theatres. The capacity of each lecture hall is 100 to 200 seats.
- Well stocked library for students as well as faculty.
- Separate hostel for boys and girls.
- Auditorium for scientific and cultural programs.
- Canteen facility available
- They provide medical assistance during the course
- 24 Hours ATM facility
National Medical College Courses
- 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in each subject
- English subject is mandatory
- Must have clear the entrance exam which is conducted by Tribhuvan University
Duration of this course is 5 years and 1-year internship after passing the final examination.
- Postgraduate Medical Programme (M.D./M.S.)
Duration: 3 years
- Nursing Programs
Proficiency Certificate Level (PCL)
Duration of course: 3 years
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.sc)
Duration of course: 3 years
B.N. (Bachelor in Nursing)
Duration of course: 4 years
M.N. (Master in Nursing)
Duration of course: 2 years
National Medical College Birgunj Fee Structure
Registration and Admission fee: NRs 1,34,950/Year
Registration and Admission fee: NRs 74,000/Year
- Caution Money: 80,000 NRs
- Hostel charge for single accommodation: 64,000 NRs
- Food Charge: NRs. 73,600
National Medical College
Post Box No. 78, Birgunj, Nepal
Phone no. 977-51-417015, 41732