On 12 April 1957-Ternopil State Medical University was founded in the city of Ternopil. The university was founded by orders of the Government of Ukraine after the Second World War from the ruins and called Ternopil Medical Institute.
On 1 July 1992, the institute was named after Ivan Horbachevsky in recognition of his contribution to the field of medicine, specifically biochemistry. On 30 December 1997, the Institute was given the title of State Medical Academy and appointed I. Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical Academy In fact, the university became approved with the title of State Medical University on 17 November 2004 and started to be popularly recognized as I.H.Ternopil State Medical University.
The University has developed programs and facilities as it has grown over the years, but the biggest change has taken place since Ukraine became independent in 1991. In 1994, TSMA obtained the fourth tier of accreditation from the Government of Ukraine and is one of Ukraine’s leading medical universities. Every year, TSMU became more autonomous and began offering classes in medicine, pharmacy and many other topics. Currently, more than 1,500 students from nearly 50 different countries are enrolled in the university.
Ternopil State Medical University Ranking
World Ranking – 4653
Country Ranking – 15
Ternopil State Medical University is based in Ternopil. The college was founded in 1957 and became a national university, which is also referred to as the Ternopil National Medical University. According to the Ukraine Ministry of Health, Ternopil State Medical University is ranked the best medical university in Ukraine.
The university provides high-quality education to medical applicants and features a study model that is accepted in most countries. The educational standards of Ternopil State Medical University are a mixture of European and American standards.
Ternopil State Medical University Fee Structure
Fees in Ternopil State Medical University
Particulars Tuition Fee/Year Hostel Fee/Year
Fees In USD 3950 1000
Fees In INR Approx. 2,76,500 Rupees/yr. 70,000 Rupees/yr.
Ternopil State Medical University Courses
1. Course of Medicine
- At TSMU, some 15,000 doctors are graduated from the Faculty of Medicine.
- The Faculty is moderated by the collaboration of the Clinical Departments and the Local Health Institutions, which provide a clinical foundation
- The Faculty of Medicine at TSMU is popular in Ukraine.
- Due to the re-accreditation and availability of qualified experts, the higher classification of universities is equivalent to that of other universities.
2. Course of Dentistry
- The first specialist department of dentistry was founded in 2006.
- The Institute of Dentistry has been recognized in the areas of orthopedic, medical, clinical and pediatric dentistry.
- There are 683 graduates in the Dentistry Department, comprising 519 domestic and 164 foreign students.
- The dental faculty team is actively involved in scientific research projects and international conferences.
3. Course of Pediatric
- Graduates from the Pediatric Faculty operate in all parts of the country.
- Intensive training at the Faculty of Pediatrics in academic and medical chairs given by Pediatrics professionals.
- After completion of the course, the candidate will receive a “Pediatrician Diploma” and will also be given the opportunity to engage in the treatment of patients in the Children’s Hospital.
- The course of study comprises of 6 academic years and one-year internships.
4. Course of Pharmacy
- The School of Pharmacy comprises of 3 PhDs, 22 PhDs (Pharmacy), 4 (Medicinal Sciences), 4 (Biological Sciences).
- Graduates of Pharmacy actively operate in hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, wholesalers and also in the public service field.
- Positive involvement by staff and students with other organizations and the medical industry.
- High-level lecture rooms and research divisions are offered to students.
5. Course of Nursing
- The Faculty of Training shall train medical nurses with a high level of education.
- Upon completion of the program, the students will be given the “Diploma of Bachelor.”
- The Institute organizes international conferences, exhibits.
- Wide international cooperation helps to improve the organizational standard and study pattern.
6. Course of Postgraduates
- The Faculty of Postgraduates carries out medical studies in 45 medical specialties with internships and master’s degrees.
- There is no language barrier to students. Subjects are taught in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Ternopil State Medical University courses of Post Graduation:
- Pathological Anatomy
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Infectious Diseases
- Child Gynecology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
Ternopil State Medical University Required Documents
Required documents for admission in Ternopil State Medical University:
- Filled application form
- Passport-size photographs
- An original, valid passport
- Birth certificate
- 10th board exam scorecard
- 12th board exam scorecard
- Attested character certificate
- Filled MCI application form
Ternopil State Medical University Admission Eligibility Criteria
Indian students who wish to study in Ternopil State Medical University needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to quickly get admission.
- The candidate should be over the age of 17 and under the age of 25 on or before the day of entry.
- The applicant should be a graduate of high school or have an equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The claimant should have received a total of at least 50 percent in 10 + 2 of all the above-mentioned topics.
- If the candidate comes within the SC / ST / OBC group, he/she must have obtained at least 45 percent in 10 + 2 of all the above-mentioned topics.
- The candidate will clear NEET is compulsory for students from India.
The environment of the college
Environment of Ternopil State Medical University:
- The university has a rector, 5 vice-rectors, 3 deans and 29 heads of departments.
- The university supplies 12,400 copies of well-crafted libraries, including scientific journals and research papers.
- 580 teachers and scientists, 87 doctors of science and professors.
- 348 candidates for science, Assistant Professors, 3 members of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 48 departments of the University.
- 3 Physicists and 3 inventors of Ukraine.
- 62 monographs and 87 materials collected at the scientific conference.
- Ternopil is one of the most popular urban communities in western Ukraine, situated in its core and having the status of an important exchange area.
- A quiet, incredibly green city with a special atmosphere, a glorious background and tons of fascinating organic, verifiable and technology sights.
- The town of Ternopil was ruled by a small territory in the 16th century.
- Ternopil dam, the largest reservoir in Ternopil, also known as Ternopil lake, formed on the hidden river in 1951.
- It is the oldest surviving house in Ternopil.
- In the 20th century, the castle became a Russian classicist palace, and its remaining defenses were destroyed.
- The palace is now surrounded by a stone wall with highly decorated gates.
What is the entrance gateway?
Last Date to Apply August, 2019
Basic Eligibility 50% in PCB
NEET Entrance Test Yes, it is compulsory
Course Duration 6 years including internship
Medium of Teaching English & European
University Recognition MCI, WHO and UΝЕЅСО accredited
Step 1: Applicants wishing to apply for MBBS at TSMU will forward your CV to deans firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: The eligible candidate will receive an invitation letter from Ternopil State Medical University by mail or courier.
Step 3: The individual should then send an invitation letter to the Embassy of Ukraine to request for a student visa.
Step 4: Upon receiving a student visa, students may submit a report to the International Students Office of Ternopil State Medical University.
Step 5: After verifying the time of arrival, students will remind the International Students Office of the
next application process.
Step 6: The admission process will be completed when the candidate enters into an agreement with the university and pays the school fee for the first year.
Application Deadline Academic Year
For Fall Semester: 1 November 1 September – 30 June
For Spring Semester: 1 March
Ternopil State Medical University Advantages
Ternopil State Medical University has over 150 experienced teachers and professors providing quality education to students. There are 10 lecture halls equipped with state-of – the-art audio-visual technology and clinical training is provided at the best-affiliated hospital across Ukraine.
Ternopil State Medical University is adopting the Eu Credit Test System. It ensures that the MBBS degree from Ternopil State Medical University will be available in all countries of the European Union.
Here are the primary advantages why you should choose Ternopil State Medical University to study in Ukraine.
- Ternopil State Medical University is Ukraine’s best government medical university.
- The entire MBBS curriculum is presented in English.
- The MBBS degree given by Ternopil State Medical University is recognized worldwide.
- Ternopil State Medical University is accredited by MCI, WHO, FAIMER, ECFMG and others.
- The university offers the most affordable fee structure in Ukraine than any other government university.
- A board of 102 professors of science give a great deal of attention to every participant and this is considered to be one of the best features of Ternopil State Medical University.
- It is the only institution in Ukraine to deliver 90 postgraduate courses.
- Indian food, especially Punjabi and Gujarati, is readily available.
- Living costs are low, and Ternopil is known as Ukraine’s most peaceful city.
- The admission process to research MBBS at Ternopil State Medical University is easy and without donations.
Ternopil State Medical University Hostel life
- There are two buildings for both academic and laboratory facilities. Students are housed in two gigantic buildings within the campus, offering students all the necessary facilities. Previously, the Morphology Building and the Regional Hospital were designed for students.
- Ternopil State Medical University is one of the very few medical institutions in Ukraine to deliver Indian food in their canteens. In addition, the university has also installed kitchens on every floor of the hostel for Indian students to cook their own meals should they choose to do so.
- Ternopil State Medical University provides multi-storey hostels with well-furnished rooms for students to live in. All rooms are equipped with all necessary amenities such as Wi-Fi, TV, gym, attached bathrooms, reading room, basic furniture, free electricity and 24-hour hot and cold water. There’s also an Indian mess on the university campus where students could eat delicious meals.
- Ternopil is an impressive city in western Ukraine and Ternopil State Medical University is the largest higher education institution in the region. Ternopil is the cultural and educational centre of Ukraine and has a magnificent lake in it. During the summers, students will enjoy water activities at this lake and ski in the winters.
Experience of the Past Alumni
Students at Ternopil State Medical University have learned how to be effective. It was a demanding world, and they found, within themselves, an ability that they had not previously considered, growing to meet their needs. It brought them faith in what they saw as a somewhat untraditional career path to follow and excel. Partnerships with practitioners and trainees from all over the world have become enduring friendships and creative professional partnerships.