One of the most popular and well-named educational destinations for medical studies in Russia every year welcomes a large number of international students. MBBS study in Russia is getting so popular in India from long ago. Students come here to study medicine in top Medical colleges in Russia and most of them get settle here and practice in soviet. There are 30 medical colleges in Russia that are in the list of top 100 medical colleges in the world. The medical colleges/schools of Russia provide quality education and these are approved by the World Health Organization and Medical Council of India, USA, UK, Canada, Australia, and many other countries.
International Students choose Russia to study MBBS because of the highly subsidized fee of Russian medical colleges in comparison with other countries. Also, the MBBS pass-outs from Russian medical colleges are currently working in top hospitals across the world and getting highly paid. Also, students have more chances to clear their study-related doubts as the student and teacher ratio is 7:1. There are countless reasons to choose Russia for MBBS studies. The entire study syllabus is to be taught in English, so students need not learn another language for classroom works. However, students can pursue their studies in the Russian language, if they want. MBBS degree from MCI approved Russian Universities are valid in India, but to practice in India, the FMGE exam is mandatory.
Indian students always struggle a lot to get a quality education. Russian medical universities offer exactly what they (Indian Students) want, such as technical advance classrooms, good practical & Technical knowledge and a university that has a rich culture for MBBS education. To complete an MBBS degree from Russian Universities students need to pay around 25 to 35 lac. Whereas, Indian medical institute’s fee structure is so expensive. Here students need to pay more than 50 lac as fees.
Know about Russia
The second-largest country on the globe Russia is situated in Eastern Europe and a big part of Asia. The border of the Russian Federation (The official name of Russia) is shared with Poland, Finland, Lithuania, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Norway, Mongolia, and North Korea. Capital of Russia is Moscow and this city is one of the largest cities in the world. The Indian government has a very good relationship with the Russian government, so there is no issue with visa approval.
Geography, Population and the Land area of Russia
Russia is the country which is known for covering the world’s largest area with around 17125200 square KM of the area. The country is having a population of approx 144 million. Russia is known for its harsh climate or the weather changes and here you can witness the temperature of 45+ degrees during the summer.
The temperature can further go as down as -40 degree which is beyond imagination. So, you are advised to plan to pursue the MBBS from Russia keeping all these factors in your consideration.
Capital, Currency and the Language of Russia
Russian is the official language of Russia which is spoken on the regional level hence any person must learn Russian in order to have easy interaction with the Russian citizens. Moscow is the capital and the largest city of Russia and Ruble is the official currency of the country.
Why Russia is a Perfect Choice for Indian Students
Each year a large number of Indian medical students sit in the NEET exam to get admission in top National medical colleges, but only some of them manage to get admission in these colleges. The fee of private medical colleges in India is expensive. Whereas, the Russian government spends a huge budget on the education system that’s why studying MBBS in Russia is cheaper than any other country. All the 57 National medical Institutes are recognized by MCI and WHO. After completing the degree students can practice across the world including India. To get a medical license from the Indian Medical Council, students need to pass the screening test conducted by the MCI. Teachers are well known to the process and types of preparation for screening tests conducted by the medical councils of top countries. They help students to prepare for the test.
Accreditation or Approval of Russian Medical Colleges
- Medical Council of India, USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc
- Ministry of Education of the Russian Government
- World Health Organization
- World Federation for Medical Education
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical education and research.
MBBS Study Duration in Russia
Russian Medical colleges offer a six-year study program including a one-year mandatory internship at an affiliated hospital to gain practical knowledge.
Why study MBBS in Russia?
If you are seeking one of the world’s best hospital or the medical infrastructure from where you can get a lot to learn then Russia is the best option for you. The Asians students who have a limited budget package they opt Russia as their first choice for the MBBS program. MBBS in Russia is recognized across the world.
Pursuing the MBBS in Russia is going to get you the best value of your money and time hence you should strongly consider Russia for the MBBS program.
MBBS in Russia
Russia has always been known for its Medical course offering to international students. The country is filled with the numerous numbers of medical colleges, which offer the MBBS program to the aspirants. You can choose the best medical college among the plenty of medical colleges options available.
Fee structure 2020-2021 for MBBS in Russia
Well if you are willing to undertake the MBBS program from Russia then you should be aware of the fees structure of the medical colleges in Russia. On an average fee of pursuing the MBBS from Russia stands around $28000, which doesn’t include the cost of living etc.
This fee may further get reduced to the $22000 if the candidate pays the fees in a whole lump sum amount. The candidates are required to check and full fill the eligibility criteria of pursuing the MBBS from Russia and then proceed further.
MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria for Russian Medical colleges
Eligibility is the first criteria, which comes into existence when getting admission into the MBBS medical college of Russia. Here we are providing you with the MBBS in Russia eligibility criteria and you are advised to read the qualifying criteria carefully.
- Age- Students must have 17 years old at least and less than 25 years.
- Education – He/she must have at least 50% in intermediate with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from any valid board. Open board students are not eligible for it. However, the SC/ST/OBC students are eligible with 45%.
- NEET Qualification- To pursue MBBS from abroad, students need to pass the NEET exam. If you have scored well then it’s even better. It’s the mandatory stage to pursue MBBS from foreign universities.
Admission process or Entrance process
- Fill the application form correctly without any overwriting
- Submit all the related and required documents for the admission
- After all this process, the college will send you the invitation letter on your Email
- Now pay the fee via the online method and take a printout of receipt
- Now, apply for the Russian Visa
- Wait for the student visa approval
- We are done, now you can catch the flight for Russia
Required documents for MBBS Admission in Russia
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th standard
- Birth certificate
- Valid Passport with a validity of 18 months
- Student Visa
- Invitation letter from the college
- Passport size photograph
- NOC (No Objection Certificate)
- Medical checkup for fitness proof including HIV test
- Bank statement to understand student can pay the fee or not
- The letter issued by the ministry of external affairs of India
- Health insurance
- Travel Insurance
Fees of MBBS in Russia
The fee is the primary factor which comes in the mind of all those students, who are willing to take the MBBS program from Russia. The Fees of MBBS in Russia do vary from one medical university/college to the other.
If we talk about the average figure of the fee that the student will be required to pay that should be somewhere between $28000 to the $42000 as a full-fledge fee for the MBBS program. Here is the figure of fee do vary from one college or university to the other, hence it is up to the medical college from where you are willing to take the MBBS program.
MBBS in Russia Fee structure 2020
Well, the fee structure is a significant factor which comes into existence while choosing any medical college for the MBBS. Here we are providing you with the MBBS in Russia fee structure.
There are plenty of medical universities in Russia which are offering the MBBS program and they have their own fee structure which varies from the other university.
- 1. People’s Friendship Fee structure– $54300
- 2. Smolensk State Medical University Fee Structure- $33000
- 3. Tver State Medical University Fee Structure– $42000
- 4. Perm State Medical University Fee Structure- $33000
- 5. Mari State University Fee Structure- $28000
This is the full fledge MBBS fee structure for the above mentioned medical university.
We here clarify that this is the standard fee structure, which has been obtained from the Internet sources of these universities. You are advised to visit the University yourself to get the exact figure of fee structure.
Scholarship of MBBS in Russia
A scholarship is financial assistance which is offered to the Medical students from the government in order to meet out the fee of MBBS to some extent.
In Russia, there are various kinds of scholarships provided by the Russian government both to the native and the international students. You can check the scholarship scheme application criteria by visiting the concerned medical university.
Russia MBBS entrance exam
Well, the majority of the countries to conduct the entrance exam in the medical field and on the basis of the entrance exam they give admission to the qualified candidates. Well here is good news for you if you are willing to take up the MBBS program from Russia.
The Russian medical university conduct no entrance exam to give admission to the candidates here the candidate just has to full fill the other eligibility criteria in order to get direct admission in the Russian medical college.
Russian Medical College Admission 2020
So, you are interested in taking up the MBBS program from the Russian medical college then you should keep your eyes on the opening session of 2020-21 which is about to approach now.
You are advised to keep the eligibility criteria checked and fully filled in order to enhance your chances of getting admission into the Russian medical college 2019.
MBBS in Russia at Lowest Package
Well, Russia is known for the low package MBBS program in the world and due to that Russia is the favourite option for all the MBBS enthusiasts.
There are plenty of the medical universities which offer the MBBS in Russia at the lowest packages and here we are suggesting you the names of those Medical Universities.
- 1. RYAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY- $25500
- 2. CRIMEA FEDERAL UNIVERSITY– $25000
- 3. NORTHERN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY-$26100
- 4. SYKTYVKAR STATE UNIVERSITY-$20000
- 5. DAGESTAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY-$20000
- 6. FAR EASTERN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY-$28800
List of Medical Colleges in Russia Recognized by MCI
Medical Council of India is the regulatory body of Doctor profession and the practice in India. If any Indian citizen completes the MBBS from any other country and later wants to start practice in India then such medical University from where the candidate finished the MBBS should be recognized by the MCI.
Here is the list of Medical Colleges in Russian recognized by the MCI.
MCI approved Medical College in Russia and Fee structure:
|Name of Colleges||MBBS Fee|
|People Friendship University||USD 42,000|
|Kazan Federal University||USD 33,000|
|Ulyanovsk state medical university||USD 25,000|
|N. Pirogov Russian National research Medical University||USD 34,000|
|Chuvash State Medical University||USD 21,400|
|Altai State Medical University||USD 31,800|
|Tyumen State Medical University||USD 30,000|
|Kuban State Medical University||USD 24,000|
|Crimea Federal University||USD 25,000|
|Mari State University||USD 30,000|
|Bashkir State Medical University||USD 24,000|
|Orenburg State Medical University||USD 24,000|
|Perm State Medical University||USD 23,000|
|OMSK State Medical University||USD 25,000|
|Saratov State Medical University||USD 30,000|
List of Private Medical Colleges in Russia
Here is the list of private medical colleges in Russia
- 1. OMSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 2. PAVLOV FIRST SAINT PETERBOROUGH STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 3. KAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 4. PEOPLE’S FRIENDSHIP UNIVERSITY
- 5. MARI STATE UNIVERSITY
- 6. PERM STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 7. TVER STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Top 20 Medical Colleges in Russia
Here we are providing you the list of top 20 medical colleges in Russia.
- 1. FAR EASTERN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY
- 2. SIBERIAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 3. DAGESTAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 4. VOLGOGRAD STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 5. NORTHERN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 6. RYAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 7. KAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 8. KURSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 9. PEOPLE’S FRIENDSHIP UNIVERSITY
- 10. BASHKIR STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 11. ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 12. PERM STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 13. MARI STATE UNIVERSITY
- 14. LOMONOSOV MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY
- 15. ALTAI STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 16. OMSK STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 17. CRIMEA FEDERAL UNIVERSITY
- 18. NIZHNY NOVGOROD STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 19. M. SECHENOV MOSCOW STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 20. ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 21. LOMONOSOV MOSCOW STATE UNIVERSITY
- 22. KAZAKH NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Russia Medical College
There are numerous medical colleges in Russia which are offering the various medical courses to the students around the world. So, if you are also looking forward to pursuing your medical degree from any prominent medical college then Russia Medical Colleges could be the best consideration for you.
MBBS Colleges in Russia
MBBS which stands for the Bachelor in medicine, Bachelor in surgery is the bachelor degree in the medical field. MBBS degree is known and quite famous across the Asian and European countries. There are many worlds class MBBS college in Russia which make Russia as one of the best countries to pursue the MBBS.
Best MBBS College in Russia
There is a long list of MBBS college in Russia which are known for their excellent MBBS education and creating the best doctors around the world. Here we are providing you the list of best MBBS Colleges in Russia
- 1. CRIMEA FEDERAL UNIVERSITY
- 2. RYAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 3. BASHKIR STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 4. NIZHNY NOVGOROD STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 5. TVER STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 6. RYAZAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 7. PEOPLE’S FRIENDSHIP UNIVERSITY
- 8. ORENBURG STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Low-Cost MBBS Colleges in Russia
We understand that pursuing the medical course like MBBS in itself is a huge investment both financially and mentally. Keeping that in mind we are here suggesting you the best low-cost MBBS colleges in Russia.
- 1. FAR EASTERN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY
- 2. DAGESTAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 3. SYKTYVKAR STATE UNIVERSITY
- 4. NORTHERN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
- 5. CRIMEA FEDERAL UNIVERSITY
Benefits of MBBS in Russia
- No donation and No Entrance Required- To get admission in Russian medical colleges students don’t need to pay extra penny than fees and also pass any entrance exam.
- Direct and easy admission Process- Students will never face any issue during admission. Although, students will get direct and hustle-free admission with an easy admission process.
- Low tuition fee- Having a healthy education system of Russian Medical institutes provides quality education, but the fee structure is cheaper than any country. Due to highly subsidized education in Russia, the fee is low.
- Worldwide recognized Degree- The degree of Russian medical Colleges is approved and accepted by worldwide. After completing the MBBS degree from Russia, students can practice anywhere in the world.
- MCI test Training- Russian Medical colleges provide training to pass the FMGE test conducted by the Medical Council of India to allow practice license.
- Easy and fast VISA approval- Russian government has a higher rate of VISA approval to Indian citizens. Also, the visa process is easy.
- Safe for Indian Students- Russia is one of the safest countries in the world, so Indian students can study here safely. The relation between India and Russia is much good, so Russia always takes care of Indian citizens in its country.
- International exposure- Students from across the world come here to study. It provides international exposure and international connections.
Here are some favourite universities for Indian Students:
- People Friendship University– This university was established in 1960 and have approval from the Medical Council of India and the World Health Organization.
- Kazan Federal University– Kazan Federal University is well named for quality education and has approval from MCI, WHO, FAIMER, AMEE, EMSA. The university was established in 1930.
- Bashkirian State Medical University– The University was founded in 1932 and have approved by the Medical Council of India.
- Altai State Medical University– Students can study here at a low fee with the English curriculum. The Altai State medical university was established in 1954.
- Crimea State Medical University Russia– Crimea Federal University is one of the famous medical universities of Russia and it was established in 2014. This university recognized by MCI, WHO, etc.
- Orenburg State Medical University- The University was established in 1944 and has more than 1000 Indian students currently enrolled. The university has approval from MCI and WHO.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Russia
Well if we talk about the advantages of studying MBBS in Russia then there are a huge advantage and the major of them we are listening below.
- 1. The Russian medical universities don’t require the entrance exam in order to give admission to the candidates hence there is direct entry for all the MBBS enthusiasts.
- 2. If you are having a limited budget yet want to take up the MBBS program from the prominent country then Russia is the best option for you.
- 3. Majority of the medical universities of Russia are recognized and approved by the world’s medical councils hence MBBS in Russia holds the huge scope.
Disadvantages of studying MBBS in Russia
Well as there are plenty of the advantages of studying the MBBS from Russia in a similar way there are some disadvantages as well. Here we are listing the major disadvantages.
The very first requirement or the disadvantage of pursuing the MBBS from Russia is that you have to learn the Russian language. During the internship period, you have to interact with the plenty of patients which is not going to be possible unless you know Russian.
There are 3 tiers of the medical universities in Russia and those universities, which fall in tier 2 and 3 lack the proper infrastructure and the quality of education.
In some of the Russian cities, there is a very harsh climate and weather changes which could not be in the interest of many candidates.
Things to keep in Mind for Indian students:
- Living cost and food cost in not expensive as much. You can have food at USD 110 to 140 USD per year.
- Admission in Russia is based on first come and first get
- NEET qualification is mandatory
- Original Passport and Visa is mandatory
- Original required documents
- Good English proficiency is required
- Seats are limited for International students
- The total fee may include the tuition fee, hostel fee and insurance in some colleges.
- 1 Ruble (Russian currency) is equal to 1.03 Rupees.
- US dollar value may vary according to Market.
Important lesson for MBBS in Russia:
- Students must have all the information about the particular college
- Understand the fee structure of the university
- Calculate the expense to live in Russia
- During study, start preparing for FMGE exam
- Students also get the special coaching for the exam conducted by the Medical Council of India and USA for providing license.
- Must have the knowledge of the scope of MBBS in Russia
- Russian Medical colleges will save a big part of your fee.
Accommodation arrangements for Indian / International Student in Russia
- Hostel will be provided by the university administration
- Separate and double bed rooms are available, students can choose according to their need.
- A good Wi-Fi connection is available for Students.
- You can also live on rent in an apartment outside the college campus
- Shared kitchen and mess facilities
- Russia is one of the safest countries in the world, so don’t worry about the safety part.
Campus life of Russian Colleges
- Russia has a pleasant atmosphere.
- World-leading infrastructure of college
- As an International student, you are safe in the country.
- Almost all the sporting facilities are available inside the campus
- Multicultural students from across the world
- Cultural events and other functions inside college campus
- Spacious hostel and smart classroom
- Swimming Pool and gyms
MBBS in Russia FAQs
Que. Can students pay the tuition fee in installment?
Ans. yes, many of universities allow you to pay installment.
Que. Number of attempts for MCI test?
Ans. There is no particular number of limits, you can sit many of the time.
Que. Is Russia safe for Indian student?
Ans. Don’t worry of security. Russia is the second secure country in the world.
Que. What is the VISA process of Russia?
Ans. Russia generally approves Indian’s citizen. You can apply it online.
Que. When does academic Year start in Russian medical universities?
Ans. 1st September of each year is the day when academic process starts in Russia.